2005 wrangler sport tj

BoomerBen

I need a little help. Last week my oxygen sensor, which was bad for a while. I tried to replace. While it was coming out it tore the inner weld with it. So. I had to buy a new front exhaust. The problem I am having is getting the bolts out that hold the front cats to the manifolds. Any ideas on how to get them out. The bolts are tightened through a clip that, unfortunately, is breaking off every time I try and get the bolts loosened. I'm about down to just trying to cut them off. Any ideas would help. I really don't want to pull off the manifolds and make it more work than it is already turning into.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Jeepz.com mobile app

First. Here is what it should look like
154_1005_03jeepwranglerjeep_tj_lj_wrangl-1.jpg

The clips have two sides so they should only spin a quarter to one third turn if at all.
PB blaster should help reduce corrosion soak for a few hours and keep spraying.

You could try to tack weld to the header then grind off later.
Or use a cutting wheel on the bolt and just replace them. Hey are not expensive from the dealer.
Just put some anti seaze on them.
JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

Last edited:
I've soaked them for half a day in PB blaster and tried unbolting one bolt and that clip sheared off, it didn't even put up a fight. So, I went to a different bolt and this clip is stronger, but the problem is that they clip is just bending, it's not holding a freaking thing. I have changed exhausts out before on different cars, but this is my first Jeep so I am a Virgin in this area. I've changed other components on my Jeep it's just for some reason this one wants to be a little pain.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Jeepz.com mobile app

Good news guys. Got time on my hands and got to my little project going good so far, other than parts that were ordered magically became on back order. Will post photos when I get done with the exhaust.

Sent from my [device_name] using Jeepz.com mobile app

Back