Lift kit

syrekn_390

fa9067042a7d3cf42ebeb0801bf2598f-1.jpg

I currently have 1” front body leveling kit and looking to lift my rig. Only going 2.5” and I was wondering if this is all I need to lift it, do I need to buy anything else or is this all I’ll need. Any helps us appreciated, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
That is fair for what it is. I started with that kit. Unless they changed something the springs sag within a year. You loose an inch or better.

Being you are off-roading you want extended bump stops.
Extended brake lines if you will be disconnecting the sway bar.
Longer sway bar links.
Front and rear adjustable track bars.
Some may suggest drilling in place of the adjustable track bars but if you are off-roading they may tear off without reinforcing.

OME makes a good 2in kit. More $$ for any other kit.

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

That is fair for what it is. I started with that kit. Unless they changed something the springs sag within a year. You loose an inch or better.

Being you are off-roading you want extended bump stops.
Extended brake lines if you will be disconnecting the sway bar.
Longer sway bar links.
Front and rear adjustable track bars.
Some may suggest drilling in place of the adjustable track bars but if you are off-roading they may tear off without reinforcing.

OME makes a good 2in kit. More $$ for any other kit.

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

Right now I have none disconnecting sway bars but after I put lift on I may install some. Will I NEED extended brake lines or will it just help. Don’t wanna meet with them if I don’t have to.

What you want is the spring to limit articulation when the front sway bar is disconnected. You don't want the brake lines or shocks to limit travel. That would damage the brake lines or shocks.

Having said that, when you add or plan to use front sway bar disconnects then extend the brake lines.
No matter once you lift the vehicle you want to lengthening the sway bar connectors to level the sway bar. This keeps it at optimal performance point and It also keeps it out of the way from the tire rubbing on it.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Last edited:
What you want is the spring to limit articulation when the front sway bar is disconnected. You don't want the brake lines or shocks to limit travel. Having said that when you add or plan to use front sway bar disconnects then extend the front brake lines. With a lift lengthening the sway bar connectors to level the bar keeps it at optimal performance. It also keeps it up from being rubbed.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Thanks for the advise. Appreciate it a lot. Were would I get extended brake lines? It it totally new brake lines or just extensions.

Check quadratec. When I purchased them, Qtec was the cheapest. You might also look up the YJ mod. Some use YJ front brake lines and gain the needed 4-5 inches.

PS you might edit your initial post in this thread and add your jeep info so more might weigh in on this.
Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

I bought a 94 yj with a 2 inch lift. I like it [after some repairs]. how do I find out who made it? vinn

SYE and most likely you will need to rework your drive lines if you are going to flex very much.

I bought a 94 yj with a 2 inch lift. I like it [after some repairs]. how do I find out who made it? vinn

Compare components to vendors images. Pay attention to connectors and other parts like belly pan spacers. Paints and coatings. Sometimes a spring is a spring so it's hard to tell the mfg. especially with leaf springs.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Back