Brakes

syrekn_390

So when I press down on my brakes, about 25% of the time ( I believe it’s my left blinker ) will flash on and I slightly push up and it turns off. I don’t know why the blinker turns on when I press the brake but if anyone knows why this happens and how to fix it that’d be great, thanks and #jeepon

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Either a short or a bad ground at the blinker. What is likely happening is the brake light has a poor ground, so when you press brake the voltage is at the light but current cannot flow to the normal ground path, so it seeks another path. The path it may have found is the blinker.
Make sure the. Bulb is installed correctly.

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

Last edited:
Either a short or a bad ground at the blinker. What is likely happening is the brake light has a poor ground, so when you press brake the voltage is at the light but current cannot flow to the normal ground path, so it seeks another path. The path it may have found is the blinker.
Make sure the. Bulb is installed correctly.

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

Thanks for the help. #jeepon

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

By pushing up do you mean you push up on the blinker switch? That is called the multifunction switch and is known to go bad. They are easy to replace.
But I'd first check the bulb and socket. Then the ground.

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

Back