What brand of brake pads do you use?

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
I'm in the market for some new front brake pads. I've used EBC yellow stuff in the past and really liked them, but they are outside my price range this time. I've also used powerstop pads and rotors, and they seemed to work well.

What is your go to brand of pads?

Whenever I've done brake work I've always relied on Raybestos but I'm sure there's many other opinions. :)

Ive been using brake performance ceramic. Not cheap.
They lasted some time. Use them on another daily driver and get average life.

Many use centric.

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

I always use Duralast [autozone] because of the lifetime warranty.

I always use Duralast [autozone] because of the lifetime warranty.

How can they do a lifetime warranty on brake pads? I was skeptical at first, but on their website you're right - lifetime warrenty
https://www.autozone.com/brakes-and...s/duralast-gold-brake-pads/887767_855548_3773

I'm willing to pay some for a better pad, looking for the $50 range. I'll probably end up with another powerstop, like the ones I'm running now. The power stops aren't as good as the EBCs that I ran before, but their pretty good overall.

How can they do a lifetime warranty on brake pads? .

They guarantee the pad does not sheer off the plate or the pad does not disintegrate or wear prematurely under normal operating conditions........ Yada yada yada

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Last edited:
I tend to keep vehicles a long time and have never had any issues replacing brake pads under AutoZone's warranty. Just bring in the worn down pads and they replace them. Their computer keeps up with warranty so no need to have the receipt.

Back