Heat problem

JakeMisiaszek

So winter is fast approaching in New England and by god it’s cold and of course my heat stops working, I just replaced both the blower motor and the resistor yet no heat no blower noise nothing, checked all the fuses and their fine yet still no heat I could really use help it’s very cold any suggestions are welcome thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

2000 TJ

if your blower does not work on the highest setting, check the wiring at the switches. Speed and temp. Also be sure the ground wire is intact. Esp if you replaced the moror already.

The wiring tends to overheat when the motor starts to go.
If the resistir keeps failing look into why. My05 went througg a few resistors but mainly just the low settings.

2000 TJ

if your blower does not work on the highest setting, check the wiring at the switches. Speed and temp. Also be sure the ground wire is intact. Esp if you replaced the moror already.

The wiring tends to overheat when the motor starts to go.
If the resistir keeps failing look into why. My05 went througg a few resistors but mainly just the low settings.

I think I found out it’s the switches that turn the heat on and off that don’t work I’m just trying to find out where on earth I can find one

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Junkyard or new here.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/92060_1101.htm

Make sure you verify the cause for the damage is corrected or you will be replacing it again.
If it melted feel or take the temp of the wires when the heater is running. Wires should always be cool to the touch. Not warm or hot.
Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Last edited:
Back