The honeymoon is over!

cjansen37

So I get home from work the other day, as I am getting out, I dropped my phone on the floor. When I picked it up, noticed the face was all wet. I felt my carpet and it was soaked!
I instantly focused on the floor in front of me being wet. Wasn't until the next day, realized the passenger side, and the rear is also!!
Not willing to give up on this relationship just yet!
So I have a leak!
I took the top on drivers side off, not sure what's factory and what was a bad attempt to fix. I am sure others have had this issue, what have you done to permanently fix this issue?

Sent from my SM-T380 using Jeepz.com mobile app

What year jeep do you have? Are you sure the water is coming in from above? My first car had missing weatherstripping on the windows [hardtop] which I fixed but that didn't stop the water, Turned out I had rust holes under the carpet. The first thing you need to do is determine where the water is getting in.

Very common on Jeeps but don't let people tell you it's just something you've got to live with. It can be fixed. First thing I would do is take out all the drain plugs to let the water out and keep it from pooling. You should have one in each passenger position. I've always taken mine out and left them out. What year jeep?

Yes verify where the leak is coming from. The top to windshield, windshield to chassis, heater or the cowl vent from blocked drain

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

My jeep is a 2010, I pulled plugs to drain and dried up excess water, my carpets are drying out. I have watched videos on YouTube so have a few ideas on how to fix, but still need to find where it's coming from

Sent from my SM-T380 using Jeepz.com mobile app

I'll get waterlogged a couple of times a year. I use a couple of towels to dry the water, then put a box fan on high inside the jeep (on the console, pointed down towards the shifter and leave it on high overnight. Usually dries it out pretty quickly.

I have struggled with the "leak" since new. 2014 jku. Started leaking shortly after I took the freedom tops off. Leaks only to the front drivers and passenger. (I have never taken the back half off for fear of more leaks back there) Carpets get soaked.
My fix will be to order new rubber seal.
Will keep you posted

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I have struggled with the "leak" since new. 2014 jku. Started leaking shortly after I took the freedom tops off. Leaks only to the front drivers and passenger. (I have never taken the back half off for fear of more leaks back there) Carpets get soaked.
My fix will be to order new rubber seal.
Will keep you posted

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Do you know it is the seals? If not, I suggest you take a hose to points on the outside and have someone spot (or visa versa). Wouldn't want anyone to spend money they don't need to.

Did you see this?

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Last edited:
Back