Calipers on 90 YJ

west747

ok so i just changed the brake pad, axle seal and new tires 36 TSL on my rig. the problem, is that it is braking to the left and a funny vibration is coming from the left side. i did have to sqeeze the calipers open when i put the new pads on as it was seized and know i suspect that they are still sezing up and are the cause of this vibration...any thought or advise?? got the frist major mud run in the morning..heheh done to the wire :-D [addsig]

um, did you grease the sliders in the caliper? sounds like something is getting hung up... everything's put together right? [addsig]

yeah i greased em...it is the piston that was getting stuck..it dont matter now tho my brakes unseized half way through the mud run today.. just used 4 low 2,3 and 4 gear( good for braking)...good news is i was one of the fiverigs out of 35 to actually make it through the entire run without getting stuck..amazing,, those new 36 TSL really work well.[addsig]

get your rotor turned and get a new caliper. it'll only cost you 15 bucks if you bring your core with you to the parts shop.[addsig]

Back