Seat Covers or New Seats?

Shannon Crooks

Hi, I am new here. I have a Jeep Wrangler 09, 4 door. Sahara Unlimited. My seats are looking really raggedy and the front seat has a hole. Would you recommend seat covers or replacement seats? any suggestions on where to shop? I am thinking I will have to buy online, but I live in northwest Florida if anyone knows of shops. Thanks. 1

Hi, I am new here. I have a Jeep Wrangler 09, 4 door. Sahara Unlimited. My seats are looking really raggedy and the front seat has a hole. Would you recommend seat covers or replacement seats? any suggestions on where to shop? I am thinking I will have to buy online, but I live in northwest Florida if anyone knows of shops. Thanks. 1
You have a-hole in the front seat? Easy on the passenger.
But seriously, On TJs bestop, smitybilt or either mastercraft or rugged ridge were commonly chosen. But that was then.

FYI Marinas have lots of good capabilities like upholstery.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Last edited:
Seat covers are cheaper but the hole would need to be repaired first so a lot depends on how bad it is. On a few vehicles including a 1990 cherokee I've swapped the two front seats from one side to the other.

If the basic structure of the seat is sold and not broken down, covers can save you a bundle.

Next might be to have the seat rebuilt at an upholstery shop....they can work wonders.

New seat are great, but just keep in mind you might need to install a conversion mechanism to get the seat to match up to the vehicle.

I was at Canned Foods last year and found super cheap zebra pattern seat covers for only $5/pr. (I wish I bought more than one pair) they fit my Corbeaus just right and keeps the crud off of them. My Corbeau seats are nearly new.

Back