Ugh...a month in and another issue...

buttons276

Just venting...I’ve had this Jeep a month. The first day it had to go back because the axle seals were leaking. Now my radiator is leaking. Can things stop breaking please

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Where is it leaking?

I had a good stretch with no issues. Then one day all hell broke loose. Not so bad on the Jeep but my Honda needed everything.

Along the edge where the plastic attaches to the aluminum. Just one of those things. It shouldn’t cost to much to replace. I think we can get them through work for about 75 dollars. Just frustrating

It’s kinda funny I have a grand Cherokee that I’ve had for years and it has the same two problems I’ve had on the wrangler. Axle seal leaking and a water leak. The water leak is a lot slower in the grand Cherokee though

Ok had to replace mine cause it blew-up! I did a lot of reading and searching. If you plan to wheel or live anywhere hot or high altitude, you want OEM or as close to OEM. The alternative is overheating. The OEM radiator has more cell density than others. Because of this it is very efficient exchanging heat.

Changing it is not bad. Keep the spring clamps and replace with spring clamps. The spring clamps move with heating and cooling where the SS band clamps will not move and will cut into the hose.

I learned the radiator caps only last 2 years or so. When they fail to open the result is the next weakest thing fails.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Things must be a lot worse where you live. We always replace spring clamps with just regular clamps. We have a local place we get all our radiators from. I guess they are decent. We have never had any issues. Much cheaper than mopar thats for sure.

I did my radiator last summer - I was amazed at how cheap they are - about $100
https://www.amazon.com/Spectra-Premium-CU2310-Complete-Radiator/dp/B000C7TUMU

The swap wasn't that hard - it just takes some time. Keep in mind that if you have an automatic transmission, your radiator likely has the transmission cooler build in, so you'll need to replace some transmission fluid as well. This makes for a great time to change transmission fluid.

Lol I swear to god this Jeep is going to dollar me to death and it’s only been a month. I got to work today and leaned down to get something from the floorboard and noticed my transfer lever was loose. Flopping basically. I was a little early so I pulled it on the lift...looks like the bushing on the inside came apart. Ordered one. 10 dollars and more aggravation. I love this damn Jeep but man I wish I could get all of the bugs worked out of it.

Crazy thing is the first day I test drove it I put it in 4 hi and 4low to test it and it was working fine then. I guess it broke when I put it back into 2wheel drive. I have the worst luck. Have any of you guys tried that purple b&m short shifter? I’m seriously considering it. 500 bucks is a lot but it seems to solve a lot of headaches for people.

my 94 yj 4 cyl. dip stick broke off and fell into the oil pan. i now use a speedometer cable to check the oil level.

I got to work today and leaned down to get something from the floorboard and noticed my transfer lever was loose.

Any chance that Jeep has a body lift? I've got a body lift on my TJ, and it makes getting the shifter angles lined up a bit challenging.

Back