Lower a YJ

jesdreamer

I know this will not be a popular question but I want to lower my 1992 YJ. I see only 1" or so max travel before front axle hits the rubber snubber or bumper stop (I assume no trouble lowering rear axle). I assume I can cut down the length of this rubber stop bumper since it looks to be perhaps 4" long and this might allow 1" of added spacer block under the U-bolts (AOS setup). but I want to get 3" or more lowering if possible. I am thinking about going to 15" or even 14" wide rim wheels with 50 or 45 series tires -- and I am willing to convert to 2 wheel drive to get front axle assy out of the way for more body drop -- any ideas, comments, techniques, etc, etc??

I cannot help. Maybe someone out there can. Most here either troubleshoot issues or lift. The only lowering is back to stock.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Ok, but this may a very interesting project and look which would be totally unique. My hat is off to you sir/ lady.

A jeep with a fingur wave, thats gotta be the first, LMAO bUT IT AINT RIGHT lol WATCH OUT FOR LARGER JEEPS they got attitudes.

I really dont think ya should do it. But when you can change sex in this day, I am no one to judge, Cut the balls off , but I request a fighting beast on the highway.

Back