2005 tj, putting factory hardtop on a non factory hardtop jeep , wiring harness?

Richmuntan

I have searched the threads before I am posting this, I came across one but it was 2003 and I guess they did at that time sell a harness, they have discontinued this, I am kind of screwed, I did find a set of controls for the windshield wipers and defrost , I found a windshield fluid container with 2 pumps in it, so I was thinking it was an easy connect after that, boy was I wrong, I guess it helps to do ALL your research before you start installing all the stuff before you realize you can not hook any of the stuff up, Does anyone know of a kit or a way to wire or acquire a wiring harness for this Jeep, I know I need to go through the relay under the hood for the defrost to work, Guys and Gals I need some Jeep lovin and some help......

Rich

Oh I should have told you I have checked all the sites OEM to the aftermarket, this is what each one come back with " out of stock" " no longer manufactured"
[h=4]2005 JEEP WRANGLER TJ[/h][h=4][FONT=&quot]This product doesn't fit your selected vehicle.[/FONT]
2005 JEEP WRANGLER TJ[/h][FONT=&quot]This product doesn't fit your selected vehicle.[/FONT]

Man, I'd love to have a hard top for an 05. If you get tired of the hassle, give me a ring!

Are you doing all this work just go get the rear wiper / washer working? I'm not sure that I'd bother with that.

Check Craigslist for people parting out tj’s, in Ohio there seem to be 3 or 4 people that do. That might be your best source to get all of the parts you need. Be warned they seem to think they are setting on a gold mine with there pricing, however it may be your only option.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

I see that, but that is for a 2007-2011, I do not have that control set up or heated mirrors, that is what that is for, I do thank you for all the looking you have done!!

Rich

I know I know, its the defrost and wiper as well, lol, I have everything except the darn wiring......I am going to check out the parting out craigslist and facebook marketplace ads and see what I can find..

Rich

Back