pghpenna is offline Member

Hey folks, can anyone out there tell me approximately what it would cost to repair the u-joints on my gals 93 wrangler with/without labor? Just dropped it off at the mechanics and said the problem is drive train related and I dont want him to take me for a ride.I would attempt to fix it myself but I live in an appartment complex and dont want the office to freak out on me for doing the work in the parking lot. Thanks, Frank[addsig]

Snitty is offline Senior Member

you can get your driveshaft out yourself in under 5 minutes.. then just carry it up and work on it at home... they are not hard at all... I would suggest using a vice, if you have an autozone nearby, they will let you use theirs... the parts are either 7.99 each or 12.99 each... the 7.99 is what i buy, because they are greasable, but only 3 month warranty.... the 12.99 are not greasable, but 1 year warranty... each is just as easy to install as the other... you'll need some pliers and a hammer, and again, a vice helps A LOT... if you go to a garage, an honest garage... labor should cost NO MORE than $30[addsig]
    93 YJ 4.0
    Spring Over, 33x12.50 Mastercraft Courser M/T, High Flow Exhaust, Diamondplate Rear Bumper, Trimmed Flares, 6\" spotters

We, the Sovereign People of the Universe, wish to live in peace. We live among you, but we are not of you.

far_right is offline Senior Member

on the greeseable v non-greeseable ujoints, the non-greeseable ones are said to be a bit stronger....[addsig]
    82 CJ5 that dont run.... and is no more.... 94 Z71

J, you wont be forgotten

Tug-n-pull is offline Senior Member

I use the no greeseable ones and I have the napa brand. Just installed them and had a friend at his garage do it for me cause he has a lift and I am lazy. Cost me 30.00 bucks to have him install. tug[addsig]

jps4jeep is offline Moderator

I have non-greasable spicer units that I get for $16 Plus I carry an extra set. Remember the slip yoke to shaft U- joint is smaller, I think .75" while the shaft to fixed yoke is 1.25"

If you wanna do U-joint Harbor freight tools sells a U-joint kit the is easy to use, and can be real handy on the trail (instead of using sockets and a hammer) the part number is 38335-orxh and the link is
    Harbor freight Costs $39.99 But thats what your gonna spend in labor anyways!

Johnny[addsig]
    It used to be a jeep Thing,
    But all that stuff broke

-Johnny-