what about this

not only are my body mounts gone but I also noticed that where my rear spring shackle bolts on it is starting to totally rot away. what can i do to fix this, does anyone in the new jersey area know of anyone who could fix this? is this a common occurance?

yes it is common. I replaced part of my frame and the crossmember at the same time. Not sure where you are in south jersey but there are plenty of places that can do it. The thing is to find a good frame section first. Then look for someone that nows what they are doing. I would recommened one place but you would have to leave your cj there for a little bit. He is not the fastest but he does alsome work.

------------------
80 cj7, 304, auto, 33's,

I live about 1.5 hours from vineland, possibly closer. If you have someone you could recommend that would be awesome. How much was it to replace your frame? I really need to have this done. The passenger side is pretty bad.

I couldnt really go off of what i paid. I did most of the work myself. He let me do that only because I am really good friends with a friend of his. His number is 856-692-3466. Ask for Ron. He should answer the phone. He will probably want to see the jeep first before he gets into anything with you.

------------------
80 cj7, 304, auto, 33's,

When you say that you did most of the work yourself, what do you mean. Pretty much the only thing I can't do is weld. You said you had to find another piece of frame, is there another way to do it?

i am sure there are other ways to fix the frame. But if yours is that bad there will be no good metal to weld too. I had to go all the way to the shock mount to find good metal. I did all the fab work and it was a lot of work. Cutting all the old junk off, then fitting the new/used frame rail in, and then getting everything ready for welding. Dont forget that you have to change the rear crossmemeber with heavier one. The stock one if it is good will crack. The other thing you have to think about is frame alignment. You can be a little off and never know with a jeep but if you are an half inch off you will know. I got lucky only one side of my frame was bad. So i could take a measurement off of the other side to keep it straight. If you could get someone over you place to weld it back together then you could do it in a front yard. But without a lift it wont be any fun at all.

------------------
80 cj7, 304, auto, 33's,

Back