Bringing back to life a 92 Wrangler

95wrangler

Hello, i have a 92 Wrangler that caught on fire at "the shop." Their insurance paid for me a new 95 wrangler. but i also was able to keep my 92. It was an electrical fire so, the fire didn't get past the front seats. I love working on it, but i want to re-wire it, or get a professional to rewire it, and sooner, or later i want to make it come back to life. So if anyone has any suggestions or comments on a wiring harness, or an idea i should do to my jeep, please respond. Thanks[addsig]

First things first. Hanes full teardown and rebuild book. This will give you all the WIring scheme. From there you can do it yourself if you can get the wiring system out of maybe a Junkyard.[addsig]

Ok finally a topic that I have extensive knowledge about. The front of a Wrangler has three wiring harnesses that are completely seperate but must be used in conjunction with each other for the damn thing to run. The first harness is for the headlights , turn signals and marker lights. The second is for the engine which also involves the computer. These two come together at the firewall into what is called the bulkhead connector. The backside of the bulkhead connector is also the dash wiring harness. Also, the tail light harness plugs into the back of the bulkhead connector. Now, from personal experience, I know that there is not an aftermarket harness available for the wrangler. Well the good ole stealership will sell you the engine harness for $700.00 if you want to go that route. Youre other options include finding someone (ME) that has a harness that they are willing to part with or search the junkyards. The problem with having someone wire it for you, is that your gagues will not work. It is not a big deal to make the lights go on and the engine to start. Let me know how involved you want to get with this deal. I have some stuff you might need and some other options that would just bore the folks that have no intrest in this thread. E-mail toddgranger@hotmail.com Just put jeepz.com in the subject line. Also let me know where you are. I get up and down the east coast a lot.

Todd[addsig]

Back