High Altitude Adjustment NEED HELP..

ToolmanII

I live in Iowa and plan on visiting Colorado next month....

I have a 88 Jeep Wrangler with a V-6 258 2 barrol Carb.

I know at least I think... It is going to be needed to be re adjusted when I get there... So I am asking for any help if possible to make my trip fun.

Thanks
Dan
:) [addsig]

Well being that the air is thiner up there I would think that you would need to make your fuel mixture leaner. [addsig]

For a short visit I wouldnt worry about adjusting your carb. For normal driving (around town) your going to run a wee bit rich. This should not harm your jeep for a short stay. You will run slightly warmer than normal since your fuel air mixture will be off. But if your going to be wheeling and want to make sure your air/fuel mixture is right I would suggest having a local mechanic adjust your carb since they are familure with local settings. But the down fall is your going to have to have it re-adjusted when you get home.[addsig]

I plan on stay up there for 10 days.. The last time I was there I had a S-10 Blazer.. Of coarse it was fuel injected....

I do have a portable air/fuel mixture tester... But when I got it a garage sale it did have the instuctions.. The brand name is Penske... The funny thing is that its brand NEW and still in the facture seal... Except the box has been open... Do you know or have you used one ??

Thanks
Dan

edited by: ToolmanII, Jun 28, 2003 - 05:35 PM[addsig]

Back