Side Mirrors Removal?

PugGuy2001

Ok I have a 93 Wrangler with those tiny side mirrors, yes on full metal doors. I would like to buy the bigger ones but I dont know how to remove the old ones on the doors. Also I noticed there are many differnt types of relocating brackets. Which would be the easyest to do? If i buy the ones that relocate them to the front windsheild would that be the best route to go? And would OEM mirrors from jeep fit in those bracket or do I have to buy specific mirror for that bracket? Also if anyone is selling a set of those mirrors I am intersested.
Thank You
[addsig]

You will need to take off the inner door panel and you
will see the bolts that will remove those little buggers
And I would go with the brackets that mount on the front
of the jeep...and get the ones you can take on and off easily..... :-D [addsig]

Ok, I knew there had to be some work involved and not just prying off the plastic on the outside to find the screws. It sounds kinda easy and I remember seeing some torx screws on the upper part of the door. How big are the holes after I remove the old mirrors? Would some clear silicone do the trick until I have a body shop fix it the right way? Thanks for the info. [addsig]

They aren't very big holes ....Just get a little bondo
and some touch up paint and your good to go.......... :-D [addsig]

Ok, It sounds like I will actually get to do this after all. Thank You for the Help.

edited by: PugGuy2001, Jul 03, 2003 - 01:56 PM[addsig]

No prob they have some pretty cool bondo that
comes in a little can that is mixed up and when it
hits air it starts to cure , perfect for little jobs like this...... :-D [addsig]

Thankyou Sir' he has the same kind of crappy
mirrors I have :-( Those little bitty mirrors
that should be on a sports car.... :-D :-D [addsig]

On my 88 I just pryed off the plastic piece and there were 2 screws holding it on. I did not have to rmove the panel. Of course I remioved the panel first.[addsig]

While you are doing the mirrors, probly wouldnt hurt to go and switch all of the torque skrews to alan type skrews..........because i cant tell you how many of those bolts in my YJ that i have broke off because they are all seized up.[addsig]

Back