Been wondering what a few things are on da Jeep

ZBTstang

98 TJ SE. First of two things: The pre-drilled holes on the bumper( that are facing up towards the sky). Im wondering if this is a pre-drilled hole for fog-lights, tow-hooks....or what....will either of the previous fit in this pre drilled hole, if anyone knows please post!!
2nd thing" On the floor between the passenger seat, and the door (or lack there of the door) there are two velcro straps that look like they are designed to be holding something....any idea what this is for, am I missing something that should be there, help me out here.

Yes..the bumper holes are for foglights, hooks etc.

Second, the traps are for holding in the jack handle/tire iron.

Hope this helps

Rob 8) :p :)

Well my question now is do hooks, or lights fit in this hole standard? Or will I have to drill somemore.
And the jack and bar have a space for them right under the passanger seat, this is completely seperate from that. Is this just another space for that, its right between the door and the seat, like if the passenger were to reach dirrectly down to their right while sitting it would be there

Hooks actually, are bolted on using the top 2 bolts that hold the bumper on. You would want to just place a hook that isn't connected to your frame on your bumper.

creedmoor rd

OEM lights and hooks will fit...as far as after market, look for ones that say will fit in standard factory holes

There are two predrilled holes an each frame rail at the bumper, these are for tow hooks. The forward most hole on each side holds the bumper on. You'll need two hooks and 4 bolts the proper thread and grade 5 ot 8. You can trim the rubber baby bumpers for the hooks to clear, or tighten the hooks and they will compress the baby bumpers.

The footman loops and velcro straps you speak of are for storing the spreader bars from the rollbar, they are the bars that are above each door. If you were to fold down the windshield, these bars need to be removed and stored between the door opening and the seat.

The foot man loops for the side bars should be located behind the rear seat. (manual pg 92)

The footmal loops between the passenger seat and the door are for the jack hndle driver and the jack extension (manual page 156).

Anything else I can help with let me know.

Back