Thread: Tub Cover

jeeprostyle is offline Senior Member
    On my jeep theres a covering in the front over all the transmission stuff. It bolts right on the top of the tub and i was wondering if it was stock. It looks nicely molded so im figuring it is, but whats the hurt in asking. Any ideas???
    1963 jeep cj-5, mostly stock . . . . for now, hehe

jhiggins is offline Senior Member
    I think so if it is what I think you are talking about ....the plate around the shifter???
    NEED A TRANNY FOR A 1988 YJ 4.2.....HELP

Uh huh, its around the shifter, the 4 wheel drive lever, and the round case bolts onto it so you can get to what i think is the brake fluid filler. It looks pretty messed up and if it is stock i was wondering if anyone knew where i could buy a new one??

I will look around to see if I can find out what it is called and I will let you know .....:P

Thanks bro, i've been looking around for one but im not having any luck. *sadface*

Snitty is offline Senior Member
    I believe it is simply an access panel to the transmission... my friend blew his transmission while wheelin... he went back to the road to inspect.... i tell ya... having that panel REALLY helped diagnose the problem
    93 YJ 4.0
    Spring Over, 33x12.50 Mastercraft Courser M/T, High Flow Exhaust, Diamondplate Rear Bumper, Trimmed Flares, 6\" spotters

We, the Sovereign People of the Universe, wish to live in peace. We live among you, but we are not of you.

Snitty, that is what we are talking about we just can't find the proper name or if anyone sells them.....any ideas...???? :P

Yea, im sure its stock now and it does cover the transmission. I just took it off so i could get the tub up over the shifter and steering colum a little easier. It looks like its stock, theres a few things that are slightly odd and some holes that people covered up with other panels so it looks kinda bad and tore up. Looking to buy a new one but im not sure where i could get one, or what they are called. ANy ideas???

Snitty is offline Senior Member
    i would make my own... custom style
    93 YJ 4.0
    Spring Over, 33x12.50 Mastercraft Courser M/T, High Flow Exhaust, Diamondplate Rear Bumper, Trimmed Flares, 6\" spotters

We, the Sovereign People of the Universe, wish to live in peace. We live among you, but we are not of you.

Yea, thats easier said than done. First i dont know how, Second i doubt i have the tools to do it, Third i dont know how. Any one seen one for sale . . . maybe i outta check out a junk yard or something.