Side Mirrors - No Doors

southtj

For legal doors off driving, I saw somewhere an adapter for moving the factory side mirrors from the door to the windshield. Has anyone done this and is there a brand of adaptor that is better than another?

Has anyone ever been ticketed for driving with no side mirrors? I'm assuming that it is illegal but haven't heard of anyone getting pulled over and or given a ticket.

Just wondering.

yes, thet do make brackets that relocate the mirrors to the windshield mounts, but I have heard that once you move them, the passengerside mirror is useless with the door on.

I believe that as far as legalities, it depends on the laws of your state, and how much the local law enforcement people want to bust your stones. I have seen many people around here drive without the doors, and have rarely seen anyone pulled over.

I would like to stress that you have more chance of being left alone if you follow the rest of the laws. Driving like an idiot only draws attention to you, and THAT is where you will get stopped for the lack of mirrors.

Rob 8) :p :)

You can get them from any of the major catalogs. As far as the passenger side, I just swing the arm all the way toward the front of the Jeep and can get a pretty good view through the windshield. Those darn torque bolts were a real pain in the arse!

No side mirrors is legal in IL, you're only required to have one rear facing mirror and the rearview on the windshield usually suffices. Some people have a "outside mirrors required" restriction on their driver's license, so they have to have them.

Back