E Brake cables to a D44

Joopin

Super Moderator
I am in the process of overhauling a D44 out of an XJ to put in my YJ. When I bought it they just cut everything off, shocks, brakelines, etc.
In the process they cut the e brake cables on both sides so now I have these little stubs going into the brake assy. I figured I could just take out the remainder of the old cables and use the ones from my YJ, but I was reading on 4x4wire.com about this swap and it mentioned:

"One problem with the brakes from an Cherokee is that the they use a center emergency brake lever instead of using a pedal like the YJ. This means that the two cables are of even length and will not work with the YJ's set up. However, this is fairly easy to fix. We decided on using the Cherokee's driver side cable and the Wrangler's passenger side cable. This was done because the Wrangler's driver side cable was very short."

But as I said before, the yard I got the rear from cut all the cables!!! So I can't use the cable off the drivers side of the XJ.

So if I buy a new drivers side e brake cable for an XJ, where would I connect it to the YJ? Do I have to route the cable through the whole jeep? I'm sure someone has done this swap on this board and I was hoping to get some specific answers... the web only helps so much! Thanks

Back