Slave Cylinder?

laneiac

My womans 93 yj is being dumb. It runs great for a while and then clutch will start letting out "goofy" (her words). She puts a little clutch fluid in and its fine. The level never gets very low, maybe half and inch in between fill ups. I figured it was a leaking slave cylinder. Am I right? If so, how complicated is it to replace? I am pretty mechanical, so I figure I can do it. A mechanic said that 93 was a strange year for Jeep and they did a lot of things different, he wanted over a grand to fix it. Thanks in advance, lane.

i'd say "probably" - could be a leaky line too... my mazda had that problem.. but thanks to the idiot that rear-ended me, i'll never know the answer to that question.....

Sounds like the slave...

It'll just get worse and worse till it finally gives out...

I was thinking that on a 93 they converted to an External slave cylinder which is actually WAY easier to replace... If it is internal, you have to pull the transfer case and transmission... My son and I did it in a weekend...

Someone else may want to confirm this...

93 was internal... and POSSIBLY external in the later models.... my 93 is internal.. and i hope my slave keeps slavin for a long time

Ha ha, I hope mine does too. Even though its a 95 and would be easy to do, its just one more thing I wouldnt have to do. Thanks for the replies, guess I will have to dedicate a weekend to doing this :cry:

Back