Thread: Slave Cylinder?

laneiac is offline Senior Member
    My womans 93 yj is being dumb. It runs great for a while and then clutch will start letting out "goofy" (her words). She puts a little clutch fluid in and its fine. The level never gets very low, maybe half and inch in between fill ups. I figured it was a leaking slave cylinder. Am I right? If so, how complicated is it to replace? I am pretty mechanical, so I figure I can do it. A mechanic said that 93 was a strange year for Jeep and they did a lot of things different, he wanted over a grand to fix it. Thanks in advance, lane.
    These voices in my head are giving me a headache....

graewulf is offline Senior Member
    i'd say "probably" - could be a leaky line too... my mazda had that problem.. but thanks to the idiot that rear-ended me, i'll never know the answer to that question.....
    When I Die, Bury me in my JEEP. 'Cause it's never been in a hole it couldn't get out of!

1995 Grand Cherokee w/ swaybar disconnects and 30" tires and a 2000 Grand Cherokee stock.

erhild is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like the slave...

It'll just get worse and worse till it finally gives out...

I was thinking that on a 93 they converted to an External slave cylinder which is actually WAY easier to replace... If it is internal, you have to pull the transfer case and transmission... My son and I did it in a weekend...

Someone else may want to confirm this...

Snitty is offline Senior Member
    93 was internal... and POSSIBLY external in the later models.... my 93 is internal.. and i hope my slave keeps slavin for a long time
    93 YJ 4.0
    Spring Over, 33x12.50 Mastercraft Courser M/T, High Flow Exhaust, Diamondplate Rear Bumper, Trimmed Flares, 6\" spotters

We, the Sovereign People of the Universe, wish to live in peace. We live among you, but we are not of you.

laneiac is offline Senior Member
    Ha ha, I hope mine does too. Even though its a 95 and would be easy to do, its just one more thing I wouldnt have to do. Thanks for the replies, guess I will have to dedicate a weekend to doing this
    These voices in my head are giving me a headache....