rock slider recommendations

indiemo

Anyone got any tips for rock sliders? I need something that'll go up the body about 5 or 6 inches as there's a big rust spot on my rocker panel right at the bottom. I figure I'll patch in some new metal, primer and paint it, and cover it up with the rock sliders so I dont have to try and match the paint too much. I'm looking for something like the sliders that Warn sells. I've also seen some in the 4wd hardware catalog that looked like they might work. I really like the Tomken ones since they sort of have a step built into them. They're all around $280, which seems expensive for a glorified piece of angle iron, but whatever. Any suggestions are welcomed.

The Warn ones have worked the best through our shop. The powder coat has even made it through winters up here and lasted. There is another stepped rocker guard coming out soon that will have a step in it. The guard is in development right now an I should be running one of the proto-types on my Jeep at the Paragon run. The proto-types will not have the step on them. Hold off for a month and hopefully I will be able to post some pictures and pricing.

I have a set of Off Your Rockers, they are very durable, but no step, and they dont cover as much body as the Warn. But are alot cheaper.

I made my own with 4"x4"x.25" angle iron. Cut to length from wheel well to wheel well and angle the bottoms in at a 45*. Then I added 2" square tubing to the bottom of the vertical section, provides a step and makes the bottom skid surface 6" wide.

Mine was all cut with band saws and chop saws, so that wasn't tough. Cleaner than plasma cutters. Welding was all mig. If you have access to the equipment and the skill, it's the way to go, but nothing wrong with buying it done either.

Back