erhild is offline Senior Member
    Welp, got my lift put on this weekend... Well, most of it anyway... It's an RE 4 incher... The only real obstacles were getting the springs off the inner perches as the bolts had formed an unbreakable bond with the sleeves inside the spring eye bushings... A cutoff wheel and a little prying solved that... Only things I have left are extending the brake lines, rerouting the emergency brake, and installing the rear shocks (RE sent the wrong ones )...

Also need to get the last 3 tires bought, mounted, balanced and put on, but that will need to wait til next payday or so... I am happy to say, I paid the entire thing in cash (including a new air compressor and air tools)... It's amazing how much $$$ you can save only eating chips and salsa for supper (the wife is currently deployed to Oman)... Plus, I lost about 10 pounds... almost back to fighting weight...

I'll post pics when I get home from work tonight... I'm soooo happy... YAY ME!!!

Much of the info for this lift was gleaned from these boards... I really appreciate all the help you guys give...

Spring on driver's side

Spring on passenger side... PLEASE NOTE the ultra dangerous jack stands on cinderblock routine... Shame on me...

Had to jack the springs up to the axle...

Close up of the finished prodect...

Simulating what it will look like then the tires are on...

Shot of the difference between 30x9.5s and 33x12.5s...

The whole shebang...

I'm 6ft tall, so you can see how tall she is...

And a pic from a week after I got her for comparison purposes...

TwistedCU is offline Senior Member
    Looks great! Pardon for stating the obvious, but if you had to cut the main eye bolts (I had to cut one), I hope you realized it is a bigger bolt, if you used the same bolt that is used in the shackle, you could end up rounding out the main eye holes because that sucker will move around a little bit. I did mine on a Sunday, and put the smaller bolt in, but replaced it Monday with a stock replacement from Chrysler. It only took about 5 minutes after setting up my tools.

Tug-n-pull is offline Senior Member

Temp Gauge Question

Looks Good to me! Tug

Engine Swap - 1st installment

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCopper
    Looks great! Pardon for stating the obvious, but if you had to cut the main eye bolts (I had to cut one), I hope you realized it is a bigger bolt, if you used the same bolt that is used in the shackle, you could end up rounding out the main eye holes because that sucker will move around a little bit. I did mine on a Sunday, and put the smaller bolt in, but replaced it Monday with a stock replacement from Chrysler. It only took about 5 minutes after setting up my tools.
    Actually, yeah, I went and got all new bolts (grade 8s)... I will be checking them as time goes by to ensure they are holding up...

randomjeeper is offline Senior Member

New ride - 1st installment

nice!! i notice an xj in the background of one of the pics, 2 jeeps?

Yeah, that's my wife's 98 XJ... It's got a 2 inch lift and 30x9.5 Kumho MTs... It's her little baby...

Back when she drove a Sunbird, she says she couldn't stand to see it dirty... But, now that she has the Jeep, she says she doesn't really like it clean...