TJ factory fog lights?

jaketime81

Elvis has left the building.

When I got my tj there were aftermarket kc lights on the front that did not work.
I put in the factory switch in the console (it pluged right in) and now the switch lights up at night when the car is on, but i cant find were the wire harness runs under the hood or where I should run the wires so that the switch opperates them?
Did 97tj's even come with factory fog lights?

Hello jaketime81.

I cannot answer your questions directly, but I will venture a suggestion.

Background: I added TJ OEM fog lights to my CJ. Each foglight was prewired with about an 8-inch long two-wire pigtail that terminated in a plug or receptacle. I cannot remember which, but it won't matter.

The length of those pigtails tells me that a TJ wiring harness -- to which the foglight pigtails would connect -- would have had to end with matching plugs or receptacles within about 8-inches of the foglights.

Suggestion: you might try looking under the front end of your Jeep in the vicinity of the frame cover or grill for a wire or wires terminated by plugs or receptacles that are not now connected to anything.

Regards,

Gadget

my first jeep

look in the vicinity of the front/side turn signal markers. Thats where mine came from in a 99.

Back