91 YJ Clutch Line Problems

beachjeep

I have a 91 YJ 4Cyl 5 speed. My clutch pedal recently started to let out and catch about 2 inches from the floor. This doesnt seem to be a worn clutch problem because the pedal would come almost all the way up before catching if it were. So anyway, I followed the clutch line down from the master cylinder for the clutch and discovered that the actual line going into the trans is loose. You can pull it in and out about 3 inches. The metal line doesnt allow it to come all the way out. Does anyone know a fix for this problem. It seems as though it should be pretty simple.

------------------

This is normal for the line to pull in and out.Where the line goes into the actual slave cylender it has a o-ring to seal the steel line to the plastic slave cylender the steel line is in turn held in with a steel clip. So what you think is the line puling in and out is actually the line rotating where it goes into the slave cylender.Check the fluid level if it is low check the fire wall on the inside of the vehicle where the slave comes through it for signs of brake fluid.No leaks there,no leaks in the line,sorry my fried you have a leaking slave,re & re the trans and replace.[addsig]

Back