Snorkel on a CJ7

LadyGator

someone asked to see the setup for the snorkel on a CJ... Here are a few my camera batteries went dead before I could get more....

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Any questions let me know.

This is good stuff.I have looked all over the internet for how-to put a snorkel on a CJ.And you have pictures!Make a write up on how you did it.You should ask terry to put this in his how-to section of jeepz.com.What kind of snorkel and was it for a CJ?

It was a Safari snorkel for a TJ modified. i had a guy I know do this. He welded the box, it has 4 screws holding the lid to the box down once you take those off, there is a gasket around the inside making the box water tight. I have the Weber carb and the filter is on top so he has it so all I have to do is unclamp on the inside to remove the filter. I told yall i was gonna get this done, and it finally happened. I could not find anything on the net about doing these on CJ's eithier. But i spoke with manufactuer of the snorkel and he said it could be done with the one made for the TJ series. You need to be good at fabrication to do the box, but the rest was easy. I will get yall more detailed pictures after hunting season, but this thing is about to go to the woods.

Looks good.

You have a weber inside that box, right? (well, the weber is obviously underneath, i mean the air filter part)
Mind taking a picture with the box OPEN so that we can see how the air filter sits inside the enclosure?
Also, i wouldnt mind seeing how the PCV return hose connects through that thing.

thx.

So nice to be able to say "Yes I know the mother of invention". That is worth its weight in gold way to go. I now have submariner envy! Yea I know I can not spell. hehehe tug

Hey LadyGator, you should ask your dealer which snorkel he used for your CJ. By looking at it, I'm pretty sure that's a YJ snorkel. The snorkel's for a TJ are installed on the passanger side and the YJ ones are installed on the driver's side. I could be wrong or mabye the 6 cylinder and 4 cylinder TJ snorkel's are mounted on opposite sides. Either way, it looks excellent.

Pics from this past weekend trail run

Is there anyway to put a snorkel on a carb 350? How did you make that box?

yeah i got a holly 650 on a chevy350 and i want to do the same thing. i'll be lookin out for those pics gatorlady. try to get a shot with the box on and no filter as well. i really want to know how the box seals to the carb.

Back