CB radio PA speaker

X_Factor

Just mounted my CB radio recently and I want to hook up the PA speaker function. A couple of questions that I have is what kind of speaker do I need to buy and where can I mount it? I do a lot of 4 wheelin so I don't want to mount it under the bumper where it can get crushed. But I also don't want to mount it so far under the hood you can't hear it clearly. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Hi,
The only safe place that I found on my jeep is where my jack storage thing was on the fender (about a foot in front of the battery). I placed mine facing straight forward so that no water can affect it. Some people place their's straight down but water will over time ruin it. I got mine off ebay, but I recommend going to radio shack and getting theirs. IT IS LOUD!!! Feedback was sometimes a problem, but you learn exactly how to hold the mic so you get a nice clean sound. Any questions let me know. Bryan

I've seen a guy mount his to underneath of the hood facing down. If you're going to mount it in the engine compartment, you can buy waterproof speakers. The cone is made of some kind of rubber or plastic and the box for it is sealed.

Back