Drop Down Step

Matmadus

Full hard doors.

Has anyone seen or made a drop down step for there lifted jeeps? I'm lifting the jeep this spring and my girlfriend is like 5'3" so I’m trying to find or make something that drops down when you open the doors and fold up tight against the bottom when you close the door. Maybe something hydraulic or something, I've found this power step by Amp Research but they only make them for full size pick ups. So I thought I would ask to see if anyone else has seen them or knows where I can get one. I’m doing a soa on my YJ and probley shooting for 35" under it. So any ideas?

Here is the Amp Research web site to get a idea of what i'm talking about. http://www.amp-research.com/oem/powerstep.htm

Thanks for any help. :idea:

Interco Trxus?

I'm assuming you want something that can be removed once you are in the Jeep so it will not get in the way while you are wheeling. If you really want to do it, you can make it work. Just find out how long the side step is and it's motors, and check to see if your Jeep will accomodate it. It looks pretty cool, but I would be hestitant to putting too much money on somehting that is designed for luxury trucks (F-150 King Ranch Edition on video). I know the list has several "heavy duty" trucks listed, but I would ask what the warranty covers and if it will cover the motors being damaged because of water. An alternative (cheap) is installing a removable step that is simply pulled out from the inside of the Jeep like a rop ladder or something like that. Just my opinion. It all depends on what you will be using your Jeep for. -al

I've seen a cool removable step that is cheap and easy to build. You probably need angle-iron type rocker panel skids, or something like Warn, Sun Peformance, and Poison Spyder Customs makes. Weld two tabs on there so they are closed at the bottom and open on the top. Build a step that slides into the tabs that drops as far as you need and also has a small handle on top. As soon as you're in the jeep you grab the top and pull up, removing the step. Set the step just inside the door and you're good to go, no lost ground clearance and very little $$.

You can make yourself a Sling type step that connects to the Seat and is stored inside the Tub.

Pull out the rope step, step up into the Seat pull in the Step.

Step ladder! Honestly, when I take the wifey for a ride (in the jeep) I have a small, foldable, one step booster she uses in conjunction with with carefully placed grab handles. She makes it in just fine. Sometimes after a night of cocktails and festivities, I need to give her a modivational push.

There is a company that sells a spring step. I am looking at it now. It stays in the Up position but comes down three inches when you step on it. Something like that? I'll look for the link to it.

Lady

Hello Matmadus,

Idea #1: You might consider buying a boat swim ladder and shortening it to just touch the ground when hung from the JEEP rocker panel.

Hook the ladder onto the Jeep, then offer a hand to assist your sweetheart into the Jeep. A workable idea and you get "gentleman" points too!

(Never discount the importance of "gentleman" points!)

A shortened swim ladder would be easily tossed into the back of the Jeep, the ladders are light and won't make your Jeep list 10 degrees to starboard, and they are made of non-rusting (sort-a) materials.

Idea #2: A gymnasium springboard! A quick run, a vault, triple Czechoslovakian somersault with Romanian half-twist and ...Eureka! -- she lands seated upright in the JEEP!

Olympic judges hold up scoring cards...

[9.8]___[9.7]___[9.8]___[9.7]___[9.9]

Crowd goes wild!

OK, so I should have stopped with idea #1.

:mrgreen:

Gadget

re

LOL :lol:

Gadget, please post more stuff in Gen Chat. The rest of us need your humor too!

Since your a gentlemen you ALWAYS help her in a out ANYWAAAAYS ,....right?????? So what's the problem??

If your like the rest of us,.......
Might I suggest some sexy six inch spiked heels for the lady. Hopefully she will find other great uses for them too.!! :lol:

jps4jeep said:
Step ladder! Honestly, when I take the wifey for a ride (in the jeep) I have a small, foldable, one step booster she uses in conjunction with with carefully placed grab handles. She makes it in just fine. Sometimes after a night of cocktails and festivities, I need to give her a modivational push.

:wink:
Idea #2: A gymnasium springboard! A quick run, a vault, triple Czechoslovakian somersault with Romanian half-twist and ...Eureka! -- she lands seated upright in the JEEP!

HEhehehehehehehehehehhhehehehehhehheheheee Tug Now that is my kind of effort! However Momma Tug use to drive a five ton in Desert Storm so climbing is not a problem unless she is in a dress going to church or some place nice. I will use both of these ideas from time to time with your permission of course. tug

Idea #1 - find a taller girlfriend
Idea #2 - get your current girlfriend lifted with a SOA conversion (Stiletto's On Asphalt)
Idea #3 - take her car

best I could do.

Man you all are KILLING me with all these JOKES. LOL

I have an even better idea! Instead of figuring out how to get her into the passenger side, which seems to be harder than the drivers side for some reason why don't you put her in the DRIVERS seat and let her have some fun! She can use the steering wheel to leverage herself up. lol

TUG! I gotta give it to Momma TUG, a FIVE ton?? Sheesh. Give that lady a high five for me please.

Lady

Platform shoes? Preferably the "Fly Guy" pimp-a-delic glass fishtank with a gold fish in each shoe.

Or, have Inspector Gaget fabricate some longer limbs. Believe me, he's got the time!!!! :lol: :wink:

I have seen some super Cheesy chains welded to the bottom of the nerf bar as a loop step. They look awful but will allow movemnt over obstacles. At least until you wrap one around a stump. My suggestion is to get some 35" Boggers when you do your SOA. She can grab on the cage and put her left foot on the Bogger to jump in. Otherwise, help her in there and tell her not to get out.
Maybe some Air Jordans would be better than stiletto's.

Honestly dude, If you can't figure out how to get your girlfriend in the Jeep then God help you with figuring out how to do a Spring Over.

Back