Check Engine Light

LauraBoston

Yeah, it turned on on the way to work. I got the code, but can't figure out what it is. I got a list, and I know they always end in 55....well anyways here is the code P 0455.

I think it has to do with the gas cap not being on all the way...but I'm proabaly wrong.

Do ya know where I can get a list?

That gas cap thing sounds familiar... you got a TJ? My friend has a TJ and she had that gas cap problem. I think the dealership has a quick fix, or maybe even a recall. Do a google search on it. If it's not a TJ... well, then, I don't know.

C

455 A large leak has been detected in the evaporative system!

Chrysler EFI Computer Codes.

Here's the trouble code for ya:
P0455 Evaporative Control System - Large Leak detected

Sounds like the gas cap wasn't on tight. Let us know if the light goes off on it's own.

What year TJ do you have?

BTW make sure you drive around for a couple days to let it reset the Computer codes. My Stealership says it clears the error codes when you check it on the Dash.

Take your Gas cap off then put it back on and make it Click a few times.

Rear bumper for YJ and CJ7, Are they the same?

It's 2003 TJ. It's funny because I have driven around with out a gas cap, and it didn't come on. But I had a full tank. It came on when I hit 1/2 a tank, today. But, I did take off the origional cap, and put on a locking one the other day...

If I go to the dealer today, and they turn it off, it's probably just gonna come back on, because of the cap. Hmmm...whats a girl to do? I'm gonna go up there at lunch and see my Jeep buddies at the dealer, and let them yell at me about my warantee, and all the mud under the hood and the holes I had to drill, blah blah blah...let them shut off the little engine on the dash and I will be on my way...

I'll let ya know what happens.

Back