rear pinion seal leak

bryanjeep

Hey guys, how hard is it to yank that darn seal out after I pull the D shaft? I am tired of having GL-5 all over my driveway. I need to replace the seal. What do I do?

it is as simple as unbolting the pinion nut from the pinion and removeing the yoke. then you can pry the old seal out and put the new one in. be careful not to over tourque the pinion nut when putting it on or you will dasmage the crush collar. ( happened to me once) not entirerly sure about the foot pounds tho....someone else can prolly tell ya as i forget what the specific Ft\Lbs are for the pinion nut.

hey i just did my front and i torqued mine to 165 to make sure that is a little crush on the crush seal, when you intall the new seat make sure its either sitting in alittle more or out a little more from where the old seal was positioned, that way it will ensure a new surface for the bearing to ride on.

ok thanks guys. I have waited too long to do this. I need to find me that socket and get to work. Does Autozone rent that out?

dont know if autozone will rent a socket but i bought one and it was only 20 bucks from napa, and it was an S&K socket

Back