Anybody runnin a Dynomax Super Turbo muffler?

hi_c

I'm gonna put one on my 2.5L to help out in the power department. Just curious about how it sounds. I don't mind it being loud, but don't want to sound like a ricer. Know what i mean?

C

I ran a series 30 Flowmaster on my 4 banger and loved the way it sounded. Still one of the best sounds I have heard coming from a jeep. I now run a 19 dollar glasspac on the 258 not very loud and seems to work fine. No cat on either one of them though. I hate some cats. I bet the dyno will be similar to the flowmaster. good luck tug

I run the Flowmaster 50 DeltaFlow on my 4banger, sounds good and not ricey. It's the quietest Flowmaster made, and I wouldn't want any louder. Nice cackle when decellerating.

pre '95.5 2.5L serpentine belt routing

I have the Flowmater 60 seried with a high flow cat, I think it sounds good, its a little loud but i had a glaspack on my last jeep and that was really loud. It has a nice crackling when its backing off. It makes me feel like I have a V8 rather then my little 4 banger.

The Flowmaster is louder and has a better casing for rock abuse. The dynomax sounds better but has the typical thin gauge casing. The Borla sounds good but it may lean toward the ricer side. Any f them have improved flow over the stock one.

i ahve the borla...and givin it does sound ricy but it sounds good along w/ the intake sucking in huge amounts of air it sounds good...i am thinking of putting the "cherry bomb" on my jeep also

I just put the cheap $20 "cherry bomb" on my CJ and its loud to the point that its annoying me.

Motorcraft 2150 Vacuum layout

I run the dyno on my 89 2.5 and I like the sound,a bit cheaper than the flowmaster. 8) 8) Hardly notice any increase in power though,with 31x10.50's

Lets go! Come on!

I had dual dynomax's on my cyclone, sounded great, nice throaty note without being too loud or sounding trashy :)

Monsterrd,

You had an 89 YJ and felt no increase in power with the dyno? Did you have any other performance mods? I also have a K&N and am hoping that with the new exhaust, I'll get some power back. Thanks for commenting.

C

I still have the 89 yj, When I put the dyno on, I noticed an increase, but I had stock tires on. When I switched to 31x10.50's I don't notice it that much anymore. Still have the stock air filter, going k & n soon. 8) 8)

dynomax muffler

ive got a 95 yj and noticed a pretty large difference with the KN air filter, exhaust comes next spring.

Why in the world would you want your jeep to be quiet??? i have a Flowmaster 40 series and the thing sounds like a beast.

I don't necessarily want it to be quiet. I just don't want it to sound like a honda with a cherry bomb.

Back