windshield wipers on cj7 and heater ????????

jeepofino

I am replacing the wiper motor for the second time on my 82 cj7. It seems that the nipple that holds the wiper on the left hand side has become flexible and the wiper gets in a bind. Has anyone else had this trouble and is it possible to brace it somehow from behind or easier to replace the windshieled frame? Also what year blazer heater motor fits a cj7? In the rain and heatless in east tennessee.........

Heater blower is out of a 73 Blazer and do not get the heavy duty one it will not fit! Found out the hard way go for the standard motor. As for you wipers I am not sure I understand the problem. Are you saying the nipple on the driver side is causeing you the problem. If so I know where there is a replace ment and a motor pretty Cheap in Erwin Tennessee just let me know! tug

Hello Jeepofino,

I can't give you a lot of detail, but I have read of people welding a large washer to the windshield frame where the wiper pivot mechanism penetrates.

The idea, of course, is to stiffen the windshield frame in that area.

I have no first-hand experience with this fix. It is offered for what it might be worth.

Regards,

Gadget

I had the same problem with my wipers, but I didn't ruin the motor, just blew fuses. I fixed the problem by using some big washers and JB Weld to reinforce the area. One washer on the outside and enough JBW to really hold that pivot in place on the inside. It seems to work pretty good.

thanks for the info guys. That is exactly what I did, place a large washer on the inside and outside of the frame to strengthen the wiper. I guess this is a common problem according to the jeep fix-it store in this area. He really wanted to sell me a new frame tho'. I'm gonna put the blazer heater motor in and should be in business. thanks again.

Back