Motorcraft 2150 Vacuum layout

derff96963

On the Motorcraft 2150 what are the couple vacuum ports on it for. My Engine is out of a 76 and what emmission it did have were long ago disabled. The only thing I need is vacuum advance for the dist. and the two hoses from the valve cover. What can I do about those. I got the carb on and it runs great I just wondering if I got these right.

The one off the top of the bowl manifold side is an over flow not a vacuume. Run a line off from it away from hot parts so not to allow the extra fule to hit a heat or flame source. The tow off the valve cover PCV goes to the rear of the carb and the front breather line goes into the breather. Advanve line goes to the strongest vaccume pull off the back of the carb. Any othersjus need to be pluged off. Hope this helps. tug

Thanks for the Info. Thats pretty much how I already had it, but its never hurts to double check to make sure. I am really happy with the upgrade it has lots more power and I can actually get it to idle where it should instead of about 1200 rpm and I haven't even messed with the mixture setting yet. The only down side I can say about this is now I have to careful of how fast I am going. With the old carb I was lucky to wind it up over 60-65. Now I can without really trying. The total for the carb and adapter was a grand total of $217.00. Thanks again

I got the 1.08 size. I found a place in California that had a whole bunch. http://www.carbcareusa.com/
$199.99 for the carb. Bench adjusted and flow tested. I got the adapter from Advance Autoparts. All I did was bolt it on. The only thing I adjusted so far was the Idle speed. Everything else seems good.

Mine seems like a different rig. Power and idle and angles are not a problem. Again my thanks to bounty hunter for the suggestion in the first place. I have not had a webber so I can not no how much better or not it could be but the Motorcraft is all I will ever need. Today was the first time Momma Tug was on in the jeep sence the change and she even noticed and memtioned it. Cool aint it. tug

Back