transfer case lowering kit?

LGR

so i asked all this before..but i forgot and can't find the posts.....

I have a 4" suspension lift, I installed the SYE kit and added the lowering kit. Can i lose the kit to get rid of the funky angle my shifter is on? will it be a problem bring the case back up to stock height with the SYE only?
Fill me in. I remeber when I got the alignment i asked the guy and he said ya could have done without it, but now you should keep it. Is that just him saying cause its already in ya might as well not take it out becuase of extra work? or what?

hey lgr is say keep it...it aint hurtin nuthin. Where did you get your ste kit from?

quadratec...but will it hurt to take it out? or will that throw my shaft on some funky angle that just shouldn't happen?..i seen this guy with a 5.5" lift near me with 35" tires and he doesn't have a lowering kit.but maybe hse got some strange set up

doesn't matter what size tires you have.. that doesn't effect the axle/frame distance.... and yeah.. get rid of the lowering kit, the sye should do the job just fine

Gear on a YJ with 31"

I have a 4 inch kit and an SYE, with no lowering kit. One did come with my lift, but it hung too low for my liking, so i opted to go with an SYE. Works greart so you shouldnt have a problem.

exactly what i wanted to hear..yeah mainly i don't like it cause of how it looks but it couldn't hurt to snag an extra inch of clearance. looks like its comming out. dang extra parts crampin my style

knocking noise in front end

yeah.. it is certainly not needed... the purpose for the sye is to eliminate that need

I thought the transfer case drop was to correct the angle. Is that right, or does it just shorten the distance to the axle? How does a SYE correct these issues? Just wondering, I'm not a big fan of how the drop looks either! also, I thought you had to get a CV type driveshaft when installing a SYE, that's wrong too??? Somebody help me out here... :?

ditich the t-case space and get some of your shifter back!

TC, it does both. It decreases the angle of the ujoint at the slipyoke, and shortens the distance between the transfer case output and the axle yoke.

The SYE allows a longer driveshaft, which will have less angle at the transfer case, and allows for the use of a CV (double cardan) joint at the top of the driveshaft. The CV can be run at a steeper angle with less vibe than a single ujoint.

With a non CV drive shaft the pinoin shaft and the transfer case output shaft must be on parralel lines. If you have a CV driveshaft, the pinion shaft must be pointed to the centerline of the Tcase output shaft @ the yoke.

http://www.4xshaft.com/

Look at the Tech Information section on this site under "geometry 101".

I'm also getting rid of my drop and putting a belly up skid after I install a CV driveshaft.

so installed the SYE with my lift and i'm pretty sure i have a CV driveshaft. well..atleast..thats what the invoice says from quadratec. CVs are the ones thats like telescoping?

with the cv setup, the pinion doesn't HAVE TO be pointed at the center of the output... since the two ujoints in the double cardan phase each other out, the pinion joint is not affected by them... and can work smoothly by itself at any reasonable angle... but... since it is the only joint, and a ujoint works most efficiently, and absorbs the least amount of torque at a straight line, that is the recommended angle to use

Back