fixin my defroster and heater

phatyaspen

flowmaster or borla?

where do i look first to getting my defroster to work? vacume lines possibly? also where od i look for teh "resistors" for my heater im pretty sure mine are well gone just looking to see... soemone point me to the right place. sully snitty gadget tug HELP!!!!

Hi,

I'm still confused as to what exactly is wrong with your Jeep.

Does ANY air at all blow out of ANY of the vents when you turn on the Defroster? If so, your resistor block WORKS fine. If not, check that the fan motor works by applying 12volts to it from the battery.

Does air blow out in the wrong position when selecting defrost? If so, you may have a stuck vacuum motor, broken vacuum lines, or bad climate control head.

Does air blow out cold? If so, check that you heater core isn't clogged or has an air pocket in it.

-Nick :!:

My defroster sounds blocked, air is tring to come out when I turn on defrost but its is forced out the little vents on the side above the heater vents. , any suggestions?

im thinking the defrost vent is stuck, or jammed closed, I want to tear into it but, dont know were to start, I took the front panel (infront of the winshild off hoping it would be stuck with leaves or something, but it looked clean. I turned on the def, and it was sucking in just like it should. Any one know were a part of the defrost vent that could get jamed is located?

there could be a problem with the cable. move the lever back and forth with everything off. can you hear the flap moving? i had to remove everything to replace the heater core

(tip if a hose is stuck, cut it don't try to twist and pull and wiggle it around to try and break it free. you might break something else instead. ei. the heatercore)

there are these washer looking things that are pressed on. if they have been taken off before they might not sit on right and fall off alowing the cable to come off.
when i was done i also ended up having a problem with the vent flap not being able to be shut after it was opened. i fixed that by putting a screw thru the housing to prevent it from going to far back.

it could be that thedefroster duct came loose. they have clips around them that don't work to well after some time or from moving the dash around a lot.

hope some of this helps somewhere.

hopefully you won't have to pull to much apart.

Dana 44's - where can i get them??

I fixed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a 13 doller part :), but took 7 hours to replace :(, I toor into my dash and found out the lever that is connected to the defrost vent was broken. It seemes like a waste of time for such a little part, but i couldnt live without defrost. Wiping the inside of my winshield with a towl every 5 minuets in the snow really sucks.

Man I wish I could help you but this is a TJ thinhg and I have only seen the top of a TJ dash and do not plan to look all up in under that automobile dash ever if I can avoid it. Best advice for you trade for a good YJ! heheehe tug

Springs wearing out, recomendations?

I thought about it in the beggining, but now i have invested so much time and $, cant go back. i love my tj, mabey ill get a yj some day too.
however, When my dash was torn out, I thoght it be cool to custum fit a cj dash into my tj, ive seen it done on several yj's, but never know anyone brave enoph to try it on thier tj.
Mabey thats just a waste of time, I might as well get a cj to go with my yj and tj

Back