Water leakage in my YJ.

Craig

I have a 93 YJ 4.0L. I've done everything I can think of to stop the water from leaking into this thing. I've traced the leak to where the doors seal to the windshield frame. I've tried moving both the frame and the doors but can only go so far in order for my top to fit properly. I've even bought new door seals thinking they would be a little stiffer and seal better but it hasn't helped. Any suggestions?[addsig]

Hi, I have a 94. I know what you're saying. Check to make sure your top is on totally right. Go through the instructions on how to put it on. If all else fails, just take it to your Jeep dealership and have them put the top on and inspect it for you... they should do it for free. -Mike

[addsig]

It's just water. Have you never been caught by rain with the top down? You sound like a TJ owner.

image-missing.png
[addsig]

TJs came out in 97... i have a YJ. I was just saying that the tops can be a pain. I've never had water leaks, but tehre's been times where i couldnt get the top on straight. it's old too, maybe that was it. -Mike[addsig]

tis only water
image-missing.png

when I drove my CJ all it had was a bikini top on it,even in thunderstorms
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I live in Vancouver, Canada..... it seems like it never stops raining here so it is a problem when I get in to 3 inch puddles everyday.[addsig]

Don`t let it bother you too much. My 93 also had a BAD leak around the

passenger door and windsheild frame. Sometimes there could be an inch

or more water in the floor. Just pull the drain plugs! Thats why it great

to be a jeep owner. My 99 also leaks sometimes when it rains real slow,

but regardless of what "some" say, us TJ owners are REAL jeepers!
image-missing.png
[addsig]

A leaky YJ? I've got... ooops... used to have one. Mine leaked for years. Wotta pain! I did remember reading somewhere on the net that CJ's leaked too. That same article said to fold down the winshield and put loads and loads of silicone between the body and the windshield frame. I also went an extra step and put the silicone on both sides of the seal there (top and bottom). Guess what? That's four months and many rains ago, I haven't seen a drop!!! I even put the carpet back in. Try it! (I also bought new door rubbers, which did nothing). When you fold the winshield down, I think you'll see traces of water, rust, etc.

Mr. Want[addsig]

Back