BFG M/T Tire Pressure

hi_c

What tire pressure should I be running ON-ROAD in my new 33x10.50 BFG M/T? I have the lightweight 4cyl. When Sears installed them, they put 38psi into each. I think that's too high. I dropped the front's down to 34 and the rear to 35 and still think it's too much. Is 30 about right? I don't want to wear down the middle of the tire, know what I mean?

C

But if you get it TOO low then you wear out the Outter edge of the tire.

I would check them with a chalk line across the tread or just the dust pattern left on the tire after a normal drive. I bet you will find that 28-30 will be best. But each Jeep and tire is different. We have discussed this before if you do a search you can find some great suggestions of getting the right pressure.

Not to bring this thread of topic, but I am curious how you like the new tires and lift with the 2.5L. Have you lost a lot of power with the bigger tires? Still able to use 5th gear? Just curious to see how it is doing with out re-gearing as I will be in a similar situation with my 32" BFG AT this spring. Thanks for the info Hi_C! :D

19 guests?

Hi-C.

I have Kuhmo 31's and I run them at 30 on road. The dealer had them up to 35 or so when they installed them but after my first major run with them I only took them back up to 30 and they run just fine.

Outer,

With my 31's I have no trouble at all using all my gears. Still use fifth just as before. So far anyway. I have a 2" lift kit but don't have it on yet so we'll see. BUT mine is a 2.4L.

Lady :lol:

I run mine at 6 pounds all the time. It just gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling all over.

Back