cooling fans

n8dgr8

Towing questions?

:lol: I've heard that ford taurus electric cooling fans are a great fan if your thinking about swapping out your metal factory fan for an electric fan. Has anyone done this or know if this is true. Were talking cooling a 350 in a cj5 with just the taurus electric fan???

That fan will pull enough air, you just want to make sure the radiator will flow enough coolant. I had a 3-core in my 350 YJ and it never got hot.

Thanks, I have a 3 core also. What would you say the engine temp. should be for a normal temp? I currently replaced the termostate and it constantly runs at 170. Do I even need to worry about the fans?

I think normal is 190* to 210*, I usually have my thermostat set at 210* to kick on. If your jeep runs real cool maybe just wire an electric fan to a switch so it's there if you need it. Good piece of mind, never know when the temp guage will creep up, especially with mud in the radiator :twisted:

My Vortec runs 190 all the time. Throttle bodies are set for 210. I would shoot for the 190, cause it will warm up on the trail.

Back