Items need to make the switch.

KletusJeeps

Alright fellas I need a little help. As you may know I am tossing the EFI junk and throwing a carb in..I am compiling a list of things I need and what brand to buy this way I can get everything and then do it all at once. Here is what I have so far let me know if I missed anything and feel free to suggest name brands that have worked for you.

(remember this is a 2002 jeep wrangler 4.0 engine)

Cap/Rotor
Carb (Motorcraft 2150)
Intake manifold
Air filter
New fuel filter and possibly a fuel regulator

Did I miss anything?

Kletus

clutch and lube ?'s

what kind of jeep do you have? if it has a fuel pump made for efi you need to get that pressure from 35psi or whatever to about 3psi.

i am guessing on this one, but distributor?

anyhow good luck man and that sucks that you couldnt get that efi working, i would have killed for efi!!!

offenhauser makes some pretty good intake manifolds. i'm not sure if the motorcraft is 2 or 4bbl, but i'm also not sure if offenhauser makes 2bbl manifolds.

i've heard using a ford cap/rotor works very well and is good at sealing out water.

you could always make your own snorkle. i use the eddlebrok triangle foam filter. low restriction.

you could also go propane.

just thought of something...will the intake manifold for a 258 even fit on your motor?? im not sure

Speakers

Jeep90 that is the exact question I asked myself when starting to collect parts. I have no idea if an intake manifold from a 89-94 will even fit...

I am researching it now but if anyone knows the quick answer or solution just let me know.

kletus

Ignition? Why would you say that Snitty? I never thought of it but maybe I am not for sure...tell me your logic behind swapping the ignition..

KLETUS

how would it work if you were going to go to a carb and ditch the computer with all of the sensors etc... with the older carbed motors you could manually adjust the timing, and had a vacuum advance. isnt the timing electronically adjusted in an efi setup?

and you will need a fuel pump for a carb, i THINK that that would be too much pressure on your fuel lines and too hard on the pump to just install a pressure regulator at about 3psi. on a 30psi+ pump. but im guessing :lol:

jeep90 your right all the timing is electronic this is why I will have to get a distributor, cap, rotor, coil, etc....

I wont be using the flywheel/crank sensor or other electronic sensors or amplifiers so ill have to use the good ol' dependable distributor, cap, rotor, coil, etc...

that 258 intake manifold will fit on your motor. after reading many articles on the 4.0 head swap for the 258 it should bolt right on. i am very interested in the results of this project because i may be doing that swap on my jeep soon, so please keep us all posted.

there are some cooling ports that have to be plugged up to swap the 4.0 head on... otherwise, it should be a bolt on

Back