Thread: Slave cylinder

odjeep is offline Senior Member
    I'm about ready to swap out my tired engine for a rebuilt one and i'm changing the the clutch while im in there and I was wondering what the procedure is to change from an internal to an external slave cylinder. The engine is a 258 and the transmission is a peugeot. The jeep is an '87. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

od

derff96963 is offline Senior Member
    I would Think you should be able to. You Will have to replace the shift fork to and external one. Is there a whole in the Bellhousing on the side for the fork to come out? If not you might have to replace it with another bellhousing that does have one. Other than that you will have to probably make a bracket to mount the cylinder on the outside. I think that about it. You can pick on a slave cylinder and any parts store for about $20.
    82 Jeep CJ7
    Engine is 76 258
    2 Barrell Intake
    Motorcraft 2150 Carb.
    Headman Headers
    TFI Upgrade

2000 Cherokee Sport
    KNN FIPK

GreenReaper93 is offline Senior Member
    Yep, I've tried to perform this proceedure. You'll need the shift fork from a '94+ Wrangler, the external slave, throw-out bearing, and bellhousing. The first three parts are easy to find, but the bellhousing in a pain to locate. It should be a direct bolt on.

Wait.... I didn't read the peugeot part. Ok, first suggesting would be to scrap that thing. I'm not sure if a '94+ bellhousing will bolt up to that... I was thinking about the AX-15 or AX-5 transmission. Help Guys!

Snitty is offline Senior Member
    if you can get an ax-15 with bellhousing from a late wrangler... it should bolt right up
    93 YJ 4.0
    Spring Over, 33x12.50 Mastercraft Courser M/T, High Flow Exhaust, Diamondplate Rear Bumper, Trimmed Flares, 6\" spotters

We, the Sovereign People of the Universe, wish to live in peace. We live among you, but we are not of you.

Yeah, what Snitty said! hehe...

odjeep is offline Senior Member
    Ok guys, thanks for all the help.

od
    \'87 Wrangler, camo paint, nutter bypass, MC carb, 32x9.5 SS TSL on 15\'\' wagon wheels, 1.5\'\' shackle lift, TJ flares, engine driven onboard air.

Bounty__Hunter is offline Moderator
    No can do, there is no external slave setup for the Peugeot BA10/5. The only way it's possible is to swap in a '94+ AX15 with the clutch setup to incude the clutch master cylinder. You'll need to change the transfer case input from 21 spline to 23 spline to match the AX15 output.

You can not use the AX15 bellhousing or external slave parts on the Peugeot.