ICE, SNOW & SOFT WINDOWS

welcomeville

I recently purchased a '97 Sport Wrangler with a soft top. Living in northern Wisconsin without benefit of a garage, how do I clean my soft windows of ice and snow? With my old Ford Ranger, I spent 5 minutes each winter morning just scraping the frost off of my windows? How can I scrape plastic?

Does Rain-X work to keep the moisture from clinging to the plastic, or will that just ruin it? Is there some other product that is safe for plastic windows? I can't imagine having to drive to work without being able to use my rear view mirror, or worse yet, having to idle my Jeep for 15 minutes with the heater blasting just to melt the snow and ice.

There must be someone out there with soft windows in a cold climate such as Wisconsin without a garage to park in. Help me! Am I doomed? [addsig]

interesting, interesting

i don't have a garage either, and when leave early in the morn my soft windows are a frosted up mess

i just deal with it, except for the backing out into the street part, everything else is forward, forward, forward, no rearview mirror needed

again, i am interested to see how the ice and snow plagues my windows this winter

i for damn sure am not about to start scraping them[addsig]

You're right, I don't think that scraping is the answer. You could try warm water possibly.

A search of google produced this:

Microwave Ice Mitt

Best method would probably be to put a cover over it at night, then just pull it off in the morning

Terry[addsig]

you'd think the warm water would just turn right back into ice (the old trick of using your windshield fluid instead of scraping)

and covering it every night? what a pain

i'm glad i found a jeep with full doors

ya, i know they don't look as cool when the top is down, but they are so much more practical it's sick[addsig]

I have half doors... and the rule is (for me): if the top comes off....everything comes off! -Mike

image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back