Anyone ever used these guys?????

beachjeep

http://www.high-tec-retreading.com/sizes.html

Neighbor has a Range Rover and bought tires from this place. He has said he never had any problems with them. I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with these guys and what your thoughts are about retreads. My jeep is not a DD, mainly weekend driving, most offroad is in mud.

33 x 12.50 x 15 listed at 67.49 each - quoted me around 370.00 shipped to my door.

Great advertising mehods they have... Have you ever driven down I95 and seen all of the peeled off tire retreads in the road, or the damage to the trucks that they came off. I like the warrenty also, they will not cover anything but the cost of the tire to be retreaded if it peels off and takes out the whole side of your truck, and they won't warrenty it if you abuse the tire, I would ask if this includes driving offroad, most companies will not cover it. Yup the price is pretty cheap through, until it peels....

There is something inherently wrong with buying a Range Rover and putting retreads on it. Must not have had much left over after the monthly payment.

TJ won't engage front axle

He bought a rusted out early 90's range rover for a couple grand and has dumped several thousand into it. It constantly breaks down but he still thinks hes the s&^% driving down the road - its funny. Hard to say if those tires are good or not. Dont really want to damage my rig if it should come off. Im just trying to go the cheapest route go get bigger meats under my Jeep.

beachjeep said:
He bought a rusted out early 90's range rover for a couple grand and has dumped several thousand into it. It constantly breaks down but he still thinks hes the s&^% driving down the road - its funny. Hard to say if those tires are good or not. Dont really want to damage my rig if it should come off. Im just trying to go the cheapest route go get bigger meats under my Jeep.
do you think people say the same thing about us when we are always working on our jeeps? :)

haha i meant meant "thinking we are the sh!+" when we drive our moneypits down the road when they actually work the way we want em to

Yeah, they probably do...but Jeeps are and always have been "cooler" that rovers of any kind. :wink:

I owned a set, never a problem. There are still several jeepers in our club running them on thier jeeps, on and off the trail. Not one problem out of the 30 or so tires I've seen from this company.

Ecor, you can't compare these tires with the recaps used on tractor trailers. Different use, different conditions. These retreads have come a long way from the bad rumors of days past.

If you order from them, be SURE to specify what carcass brand you want and that you want all 4 or 5 to be the same brand tire carcass.

I'd use them again.

Also, cra034, the first Landrover was built on a Willy's Frame :) So, from a certian point of view landrover is a spawn of Willy's.

I have personally considered Re-treads but haven't gotten any yet. Shoot if they actually last for 2 years then they are worth the price.

Stock rims - 2001 Wrangler Sport

I just bought a set of tires, but think that'd be a great deal for a spare. (Currently have a factory-size spare) jered

Well its good to hear from someone that has actally seen them in use. Cant really beat the price and around 450 you could get all 5. With the small amount of mileage put on my Jeep (about 4k) a year they would probably dryrot before they wore out. The guy said the 33's are in high demand and to allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery after ordering. Thanks for your input guys, Ill post again if I end up getting them and let you know how they are.

beachjeep-- A buddy of mine used to get recaps from Hughes Brothers tires on Market street for his Scrambler. I think it was Hughes Brothers, whatever the big tire place down the street from New Hanover highschool is. It was years ago, but they might still have them. They used a BFG carcass and had an all terrain tread. Never a single problem with any of them.

Junkpile - thanks for the information - called Hughes Bros and all they sell are recaps for tractors. That would have been nice though with no shipping involved. You live around here?

Back