93 2.5l Heater Core ?

laneiac

Kilby-HP1000 or XD2000 On Board Air Compressor-????

Here is the deal, when it rains heavily, my girlfriends yj will start up, and then immediately after moving forward, water spills onto her feet and the entire inside fogs up, even the gauges, it then takes a considerable amount of time for the heater to warm up. So does it need a new heater core or what?

Is it water or antifreeze hitting her feet? If its antifreeze, then yes, your heater is bad. If its just rainwater, then you need to check to see if your hood vent is stuck open, and/or the drain clogged. If its only water, you don't have a coolant system leak.

Im pretty sure its just water, and it only does it when it rains heavily. Thanks for the advice, I am going to check it tomorrow.

Oh man that sucks... mine did that about 5 years ago, only during an Ice storm while I was away on a 1 week trip. came home to find 8 inches of water FROZEN in the floor of my jeep pedals & all. 3 hours of the heat cranked and I was able to reach the plugs in the floor!. Stupid me never looked at it, but it never happened again (knock on fake wood trim!)

Back