jasonreece311 is offline Junior Member

DeWalt ... dont buy

I have a 98 wrangler and I recently got a 4" suspension lift. My headlights now shine straight forward into people rearview mirror, instead of angled down to the ground x feet in front. Is there a way to angle the headlights back down a bit? Any help will do, I appreciate it.

Jason

hi_c is offline Senior Member
    I'm not 100% on TJ, but on my YJ, yes. Just remove the headlight bezel, ring around outside of headlight, and there will be some adjusting screws. Just loosen or tighten to adjust. It helps if you park about 8 feet from a wall or garage door so you can see the beam move.

If you have a haynes or chilton manual, it will be described in more detail.

C
    89 YJ 2.5L, 4\" Hell Creek Susp., .5\" homemade lift shackles, 33x10.50 on TJ Grizzly Alloys, Herculined tub, K&N, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Russell extended stainless brake lines, & a Congo Cage w/ Yakima bars
    http://coreyandhis.jeepz.com

graewulf is offline Senior Member
    Yup.. pop the bezels and there are 2 screws that adjust them.
    When I Die, Bury me in my JEEP. 'Cause it's never been in a hole it couldn't get out of!

1995 Grand Cherokee w/ swaybar disconnects and 30" tires and a 2000 Grand Cherokee stock.

XJNick is offline Senior Member
    Hi,

I've found that I can easily adjust the headlamps without having to remove the bezels. The adjustment screws are all Torx screws, I think the headlamp ones are T15 or T20 size...

The screw in the upper corner of the light adjusts up/down, the screw on the bottom corner adjusts left/right.

-Nick
    1988 Jeep Cherokee w/ 410,000+ miles. Now a 100% Electric Vehicle!
    NO Gas, NO Emissions, NO Problem! -- http://www.DriveEV.com/

Bounty__Hunter is offline Moderator
    Just lower it a turn or two and then drive to see how you like it. Don't mess with the left to right adjustment.

Some people are going to have to live with bright lights for driving such low cars, but some of it can be avoided by adjusting them down slightly.

TwistedCU is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bounty__Hunter
    Some people are going to have to live with bright lights for driving such low cars, but some of it can be avoided by adjusting them down slightly.
    I just consider it my special Jeep wave to ricers.

88Wrangles is offline Senior Member
    ya, it's funny to watch the people in ricers try to mover their side-view mirrors around to try and shine the light back at me (which usually never works). I guess I should, however, lower mine quite a bit as well!!

jeepin916 is offline Senior Member
    hmmm thats a good idea maybe thats why everyone in little cars give me the finger hehehehe ohh well sux to be them
    hellooo everyoneeee..
    '97 TJ, Black, 8" skyjacker lift w/33x12.50's, Vortec 350, 4L60e, mini spooled dana 44 front, Detroit locked dana 44 rear, moser axles and more to come........ Woooo Hoooooooo

Snitty is offline Senior Member
    my plow lights go right into peoples' mirrors... rearview and sidemount... everytime i pull up behind someone at a light... they flip thier rearview adjuster and the person in the back seat (if present) looks back
    93 YJ 4.0
    Spring Over, 33x12.50 Mastercraft Courser M/T, High Flow Exhaust, Diamondplate Rear Bumper, Trimmed Flares, 6\" spotters

We, the Sovereign People of the Universe, wish to live in peace. We live among you, but we are not of you.

jps4jeep is offline Moderator
    Need to be careful of this. A friend and I were driving somewhere a couple years ago and were following a gentleman in a Buick in my friends FS chevy, got to a red light, the guy got out of the car with a tire iron and smashed out my buddies drivers side headlight, got back in and took off. we called the cops, and followed at a safe distance, turns out he was completely intoxicated with a suspended liscense.

Moral of the story, don't drive bahind buicks.
    It used to be a jeep Thing,
    But all that stuff broke

-Johnny-

Junkpile is offline Senior Member
    Your buddy just sat there and watched some drunk smash his headlight out? What exactly did he expect the guy was going to do when he saw him coming at his truck with a tire iron? Two of you and one of him? I'd have followed him alright.....but the cops would have never heard about it unless he called them himself.
    America: the land of the free, because of the brave. Please support our troops.

jasonreece311 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the help! I appreciate it, and I love the "salute to ricers" saying!