exhaust manifold leak

How bad is the leak. If it's just a little one, not really. But on the other hand if it's a big one, like blown gasket... you bet you'll lose power. I blew the gasket clear off my poor little 4 banger (god bless it's soul) and whamo, no power and basically no run. Take a look under the ole hood and go from there. Good luck,

Paul

Will sure make is sound a little sick. Now the gaset is a combo intake and exaust so you would be sucking air into the mixture if it tore into the intake side. For sure you would loose power that way. tug

if it is a big exhaust leak, you could lose important scavenging which will lower your torque

Bounty,
no cat on this one.

I just happen to have a replacement exhaust manifold and gaskets laying around in the shop. The current manifold is rusted to hell and back, probably does not need changing, but I am sure it will look better and run better once I replace the manifold and gasket.

thanks again. Joel

PS... Anyone coming to New Orleans for Mardi Gras? If so let me know, I work in the French Quarter. Sure would like to meet some fellow jeepers.
laissez les bon temps rouller (let the good times roll)

Back