Best campsite in colorado

ScubaDude

Me and some friends are planning a trip to Colorado and need some good places to camp. Preferably secluded some what. light off roading and trail driving. Any good/bad experiences? Any recomendations?

what part of Colorado are you thinking about
and oh It's Oct 25th and we are expecting about a foot of snow tonight
once snow season starts most of the high country becomes in-passable due to snow
yes winter in Colorado is a beautiful experience , Just be sure to bring your snow boots ,skies,ect and you'll have a blast

spring and summer I do non profit guided tours in the high country so look me up (All proceeds go to Rocky Mountain Cancer Research)
see my signature below

Last edited:
We're not going anywhere till the summer. This is more like a "freedom from the parents drive" since I'll have just turned 18 and we can go wherever. We chose Colorado and camping. I want to know some of your guys favorite spots. And I'll be sure to look you up.

Come on guys! I was bragging to my friends about how active of a community this is. Back me up throw out some camp sites. It doesn't HAVE to be in Colorado just preferably not to far from Kansas.

Taylor Reservior, Montezuma even Moab isnt too far out.

Pick up Guide to Colorado Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails book. There are 3 maybe 4 volumes, each of which focus's on different areas of Colorado. This may be your best option atm to research a little of which areas appeal to you.

Bacon

Back