Daystar Urethane Motor Mounts

dingus

I ordered these mounts (pictured left) from quadratec, $100 shipped to my door for the pair. Installing them was certainly NOT a walk in the park, but nothing to terrible either.

Had to take the airbox out to get the passenger side mount in, that went fine. Had to shave a part of the urethane bushing to clear the bracket but i'd consider that only a "minor modification" compared to what a headache the drivers' side was. After jacking the motor up and down 100 times and even trying to PULL THE MOTOR FORWARD half an inch, it was easier just to grind out the bolt holes so that the mount would just drop right in.

Driving it, I certainly do feel the vibrations you hear about when using urethane motor mounts but it is certainly better than the original stock mounts after 220k miles (pictured right). The design of the new mounts has the upper hand over the stock mounts, it seems that you could put 500HP to these mounts and they'd be fine all day long. The bushing itself is about an inch wider, not to mention its a harder material than the spongy stock mounts!

Attachments

• motor_mount.jpg
    motor_mount.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 535
Last edited by a moderator:

Daystar Urethane Motor Mounts - Install photos

Install photos

Attachments

• drivers_motor_mount.jpg
    drivers_motor_mount.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 634
  • pass_motor_mount.jpg
    pass_motor_mount.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 888
  • DSC00642.jpg
    DSC00642.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 3,857
Yeah, I also installed the polyurethane transmission mounts at the same time.

By using polyurethane motor mounts, transmission mounts and in all spring bushings when I did my suspension lift, my YJ feels SOLID!

I also replaced my severely shredded motor mounts w/ poly replacements. One suggestion for those trying to install them in the future. I also had to lift/lower a dozen times to get them to line up right. I found though that loosening the mounts on the engine a bit aids GREATLY in alignment. You don't have to remove the bolts, just loosen up and then put your cross bolt in (still kind of tricky) finger tight everything up and then tighten the mount to frame bolts, mount to engine bolts, and then cross bolt down to spec.

On a side note though, I also swapped out my transmission mount with a poly one and I get sickening vibration at idle now. It still feels really solid when driving but you feel every bit of drivetrain noise. Just something to think about if you like a nice & quiet Jeep (who does?) :beer:

On a side note though, I also swapped out my transmission mount with a poly one and I get sickening vibration at idle now. It still feels really solid when driving but you feel every bit of drivetrain noise. Just something to think about if you like a nice & quiet Jeep (who does?) :beer:

The frau... thats why I have two Grand Cherokees, one to keep her quiet! :p

Back