Moab - 10/5 to 10/8 - Great time.

cewtwo

Friday was fun. We camped on Sand Flats. We rode "Hell's Revenge." Went up one steep the wrong way (the one just before the "Escalator"). It was interesting. The TeraLow crawl box worked great! It was a lot of fun.

Winds were horrible that night. Ever hear a flag flapping in the wind? Ever been inside a flag flapping in the wind? Hard to sleep in all that wind. Around 2:00 AM a 70 mph gust collapsed the tent by shattering a fibreglass rod section. Imagine waking up to nylon covering you. The rest of the night was spent sleeping in the Jeep's front seats.

Saturday, we did all of poison spider mesa, then the Golden Spike, Then Gold Bar Rim and the Gemini Bridge trail for the way out.

Sunday, we went to Cliffhanger but the entry was fairly eroded and we were solo and alone, so we went and did Klondike Bluffs to Baby Steps to Arches National Park. We went to see Tower Arch and try the 4 wheel drive road to balanced rock, but the road is probably permanently closed (heavy erosion).

Sunday, I ran the equivalent of a half-marathon along highway 128 (13.2 miles - 2 hours, 22 minutes, 39 seconds). Then we rode "Top of the World."

The drive back to Denver was next. We pulled into the house (just missed it actually) at around 10:30 PM.

Did someone say pictures? Well, here is a video of The Wedge on Poison Spider Mesa -

Or perhaps one of me running "High Speed Mesa" on the Poison Spider Mesa trail? Of course, faithful dog Molly is with me on this one... Both of us are running off some extra fat...

There is a half-marathon this Sunday along Highway 128 just North of town.

I ran my last half on the same road. I ran the 13.1 miles in 2 hours, 22 minutes and 39 seconds. Besting my previous time by 5 minutes and 22 seconds!

Back