A Jenny Creek Snow Bash!

cewtwo

Well, it started out as a great sunny morning. The Jenny Creek trail is about an hour and a half from Denver. On the way to the trail head, we passed through a small but active snow storm.

Many of you are still wearing short sleeve shirts and short pants. Not so here!

Bright sunshine and not so much snow level for the first hour. The access road was as choppy as ever. We got onto the trail itself and found light snow on the trail. Our first challenge was a snow drift in a clear area and a new to snow bashing driver. After we crossed the river for the first time, we started to head up the rocky trail portion. I got the rear diff caught on a rock and it took a time or two to move beyond it.

Easy cambers in Summer caused slides and the other rig almost flopped at one point.

Each of us had a winch and we ended up using them.
IMG_5126-1.jpg

IMG_5125-1.jpg

We did not makie it to the top. I was wearing a pair of hiking shoes that soon became soaked. The other guys were wearing sneakers and suffering for it. The snow started falling (sometimes sideways with the wind). Wit the Sorrel boots (at home in the front closet) I would have gone to the top. We missed it by about 1/4 mile.

There is something beautiful about taking a snowy trail. Sure was fun for a first snow bash outing of the Winter season in Colorado.

Back